Frequently Asked Questions
Advantage Home Care shares some of the most frequently asked questions (FAQ) that we get about Home Care Services, Consumer Directed Services (CDS), and employment opportunities. Because state laws are different please click on the STATE buttons below to read more localized information.
We are currently developing resources at the local location level, if you go to the locations page and there is a town button you will see even more FAQs.
What are Home Care Services?
Home Care Services provide support services that enable a person to live safely in their home. Caregivers provide short-term or long-term care in the home, based on a person’s needs. In-Home Care Services can help someone who is:
- Aging and needs daily assistance to live independently
- Managing chronic health issues
- Or has special needs or a disability
See all of our Home Care Services – please note that some states offer different services.
What is BYOC?
BYOC is Advantage Home Care’s Bring Your Own Caregiver program. It is nationally referred to as Consumer Directed Services (CDS) or Consumer Directed Care (CDC). BYOC allows you to have someone you already know get paid to support you. Not all states allow Consumer Directed Services.
- Missouri residents may be eligible for BYOC
Can CareGIVERS receive Daily Pay?
Yes! Advantage Home Care offers caregivers the opportunity to sign-up for Daily Pay.
What is Consumer Directed Services (CDS)?
Consumer Directed Services (CDS) is a program that is available in certain states that allows you to have someone you already know, love, and trust get paid to support you.
- Missouri residents may be eligible for CDS
What kinds of CareGIVERs does Advantage Home Care have?
What is the "Your Voice Matters" initiative?
The Advantage Home Care Your Voice Matters Employee/Client/Community Engagement Initiative provides a completely safe, reliable, and anonymous way for Advantage team members, clients and the community to report issues directly to our company leaders. This tool allows your Advantage Home Care leadership teams to have full transparency into what’s happening within our company and the ability to address potential concerns quickly and efficiently. Your participation is greatly appreciated and essential to our mission!
Your Voice Matters is an anonymous reporting and communication initiative that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. At Advantage Home Care, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace at all times. Advantage team members want to ensure that every home health employee and every home healthcare client feels equal and included.
YOU CAN REPORT A CONCERN IN TWO DIFFERENT WAYS:
- Call the Your Voice Matters Reporting Hotline: 314-530-7979.
This hotline is open to your 24 hours a day, seven days a week, providing you DIRECT access to our leadership team at Advantage Home Care. The hotline allows you to leave a detailed message describing the nature of your complaint or concern.
- If you prefer, you can Email your Advantage Home Care leadership team by sending your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terminology and Services Explained
- In-Home Services – In-Home Care Services are support services that enable a person with medical issues or disabilities to live safely in their home.
- Home Health Care Services – Skilled nursing services are provided in your home.
- Missouri Medicaid Home Care Services – A Medicaid program for in-home services.
- In-Home Nursing Services – Skilled nursing services that allow a person to live safely in their home.
- Personal Care Services – Personal care (not nursing) services provided by caregivers in your home.
- Veterans Home Care – In-home support services for eligible veterans.